Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Shawal's Bokhara Rice

As I was browsing the internet for receipe, I came across a very familiar name. Shawal's Bokhara Rice. It is my father's!

My dad have always been a very good cook. They said mom's cook is the best, but my dad's is even better. No kidding. He is also so good at making difficult and complicated dishes like Bokhara Rice. I think I got the flair from him... hehehehe.

People always come to him to get recipe, so I guess someone is kind enough to share the recipe on internet (I'm pretty sure It is not my dad, coz, errr... I just knew :p)

I never cook the rice on my own, coz I have my dad... hehehe. But trust me its really2 good. try it!

Anyways, you can find the recipe here.

Shawal's Bokhara Rice

Ingredients:

1 kg basmati rice
200gms onions (ground)
50gms ginger (ground)
50gms garlic (ground)
100gms shallots (sliced)
20gms garam masala
1pcs pandan leaves
300gms ghee/vanaspati/butter
6pcs cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon & cumin
100gms mint leaves (chopped)
50gms coriander leaves (chopped)
2pcs bay leaves
50gms cashew nuts (ground)
20gms yogurt
1 tin evaporated milk
Salt to taste
2kg chicken/meat (cut to medium pieces)

Shawal's Bokhara Rice

Method:

Measure, wash and drain rice. Heat ghee/vanaspati/butter, fry shallots with pandan leaves cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon, cumin until shallots are golden brown.
Add grounded onions, ginger, garlic and garam masala and stir until mixture becomes oily.
Add yogurt, evaporated milk, mint, bay leaves and stir until mixture becomes steamy.
Add equal measure (to rice) of stock/water and put to boil. Add salt to taste.
Add rice and grounded cashew nuts and stir slowly until rice is almost cooked.
Add cooked meat/chicken and coriander leaves and mix well. Cover pot and turn down heat to very low for 15 minutes. Serve with salads with tomato sauce and dhal curry
*Boil chicken or meat with soup spices (soup bunjut) and salt to taste on low heat until tender. Save stock to cook SHAWAL'S BOKHARA RICE.

Serves: 10 to 12 persons
Preparation time: 1 hour

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...