Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Monday, October 25, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S


I went to watch The Switch staring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman. The movie sucks (big time), totally predictable and the story line is slow as snail.

But there was one part that reminded me of friends. Friends that come and go in my life. Friends that leave foot prints in your heart. Friends that makes you who you are today.

In that movie Kassie (Jennifer Aniston) and Wally (Jason Bateman) are best friends. Kassie is a single 40 year old who decided to get pregnant through sperm donor and to make the long story short, she got pregnant and decided to go back to her hometown and her best friend Wally are left in New York. Before they separated, they made promise to each other that they will write to each other everyday and keep in touch no matter what. But obviously that never happened. The daily mail soon turn out to be weekly and slowly turns monthly and eventually narrow down to only exchange of festive cards.

The point that I'm making here is that the situation above is very true (not the sperm donor part, but the promise-to-keep-in-touch part). Over the years, I made lots of friends. Close friends. Starting from school years, university, from previous office and current workplace. Before we depart for different directions, to pursue different dreams, we promised to each other that we will keep in touch. No matter what. But who are we kidding? We are too occupied with our daily responsibility until slowly time and take over. What's left between us are space. *sigh*

But my dear friend(s) [you know who you are], although I cant keep my promise to stay in touch (we must be out of our mind to make the promise to write to each other daily), but believe me you are always in my heart.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...