Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Friday, February 26, 2010

Ikan Terubuk Masin Masak Lemak Cili Padi

I learn how to cook masak lemak cili padi from my little sister, who's MIL is from Negeri Sembilan. I dont think I need to elaborate further how exquisite does the masak lemak 'ala negeri sembilan taste like. And unlike my mom's recipe, it does not use any onion, at all.



This is the Terubuk Masin that I bought from my last trip to Bintulu, all cleaned and cut into small pieces

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgLT9pgQMs5hx1eks6H5Kh3lRcMT4vS6tiYsjqmdYhyphenhyphenuA70GeCZTcXv4wTC2WMRR8Jryr6RC5TpiQYLI33mhQ6v5AcNd8UZx6RQCEAfItl1gaDmwNaKrS_L_bGP_cx5e1OZX3JW/s1600-h/DSC04166.JPG">


Take 2 red chillies, few bird chilies (or more if you are daring), 2 inch long tumeric, and lamongrass.



Cut all the above into small pieces, in goes into the blender and blend well



Pour the blended ingredients into a pot with some oil and let it simmer



Next put in potato and a thick coconut milk (from 1 coconut)with some salt and sugar to taste.
If the curry seems to be hotter then u want it, the trick is just to add more salt or potato.




And finally add in the fish and continuously stir until it boils



Best served with deep fried fish and kangkong goreng belacan :D yummy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...