Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Kesian

Hubby and I decided to go to my mom's yesterday. My family is craving for my spaghetti (ehem..) so I went to cook for them. While in the kitchen, I suddenly heard a loud wailing siren sound of police car. Hubby, my sister, her hubby and I quickly rushed out to see what is happening outside (saje nak menyibuk). We saw a huge crowd gathering infront of a house 2 blocks away from my mom’s. We went to the scene and from one of the “Makcik” we found that the house was broken into by foreigners (I don’t want to say from where to avoid prejudice). We waited for few minutes for the police to bring out the criminal/ suspect. It was 6 men and they were handcuffed to each other. I can hear people around me passing remarks to each other. Among others include “Padan muka” (Serve you right), you deserve it, and lot more. Instead of that, I feel sorry for them. Somehow I feel like they must be drive by something so desperate that leads them to steal. I’m not condoning the crime, but, I don’t know. Looking at their sad faces, I can’t help but to think of their feeling at that moment. Probably they are feeling scared, ashamed, helpless and afraid of the unknown. But mostly, I really hope that they will feel guilty and regret. If not, I too will say “you deserve it”.

I really can’t be a law enforcement officer or a judge for that matter. Cepat rasa kesian! Haih…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...