Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sandwich for Breakfast

Hubby works in a factory. If you haven't heard, working in a factory means you are bound to a very strict working hour. Meaning, once you clock in, you can only go for break/ tea at 10ish, for strictly 15 minutes only!and lunch is strictly 1 to 2 only. Macam kat sekolah kan? hahaha... in addition, you can only have lunch in the factory premise, strictly no going out. If for some reason, you have to go out, you are required to fill in the "permission slip".

During our dating years, hubby always complaint that due to this tight working hour, he always skip his meals. 10am is the time he is busy with all paper works. 1pm is the time he is busy in the warehouse to monitor his staff and all shipments. Sometimes he is too tired to walk to the cafeteria. Therefor, his only "real" meal for the day is dinner.

After we are married, I tried my best to prepare for him some breakfast. Just easy ones like sandwiches. Since my favorite food is sandwich, I have the skill to be creative with it. So hubby will not be bored to have it everyday. If I got up extra early, Ill prepare something more elaborate like fried rice or pasta or fried mee or just cucur ikan bilis.

Hubby told me that this had created some talks among the "makciks" in his office. Not negative talks, but positive ones. They said that they are impress on how I prepare the food. Basically they are referring to the food presentation. They said that my sandwich is not like the "normal" sandwich that they ever come across. so do my fried rice, and my pasta (lagi la kan... pasta for bfast??? hahaha), or even my cucur. According to hubby, the makciks is so anxious, every morning to see what my hubby brought from home. They are giving me unnecessary pressure!

Anyways, last week hubby came home and told me a story. It was about this lady in his office. She just gave birth recently (few months back) and until now, her baby haven't stop saliva-ting (producing lost and lost of saliva ~air liur~). She have seen the doctors about this but nothing can be done. She said according to elderly, this is because, the mother, during her pregnancy is craving for something/ food but did not manage to have/ eat it. Dalam bahasa Melayu nye, mengidam la... The only way for her to "cure" her baby is to eat what ever she used to crave during her pregnancy. She spent days recalling and finally she remembers. what do you think it is? (no prize for guessing)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


Its my sandwich! no kidding!!!! During her pregnancy, she saw the sandwich that my hubby brought for breakfast. Since then, she is craving for one. But soon after that, she was in labour and have forgotten all about it. So yeah, she ask my husband to ask me to help make the same, exact sandwich. She is willing to pay for it. Hehehehe...

So this morning, I woke up early to make sandwich for her, at free of charge of course. Takkan la nak mintak duit kan. So I hope the baby will be "cured" by my sandwich, made with love :)

So all hubbies out there, please dont take your wife's craving lightly. They are not needy or spoil or desperate for your attention. Its no joke.




Tempted? hehehe




Tuna Mayo in Croissant

2 comments:

miZz_nizZ said...

amazing!hee.by reading ur entry i'm become cheeful bcoz im realize sometimes we didnt knew that our surrounding looking straightly toward us.hehe

lizamohamed said...

Hye Mizz Nizz. Its great to know that I cheered u up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...