Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Red Velvet Cake @ Whisk

I've read a lot about how famous the Red Velvet Cake by Whisk is. It was given a good review by many and most of the time, the cake is sold out! That is how famous it is.

So yesterday, when hubby decided to break-fast at Empire Shopping Gallery (ESG) in Subang, I decided to give the cake a try.


This is Whisk, Espresso Bar/ Bake Shop located at Lower Ground (LG) Floor of ESG. Notice the white board signage placed infront of the shop? It says "RED VELVET CAKE & CUPCAKE IS AVAILABLE TODAY". Dasyat kan? padahal dia ada je jual kek lain. I guess that shows how the cake is actually in demand.

Whisk sells a few other cakes which include Carrot & Pecan Cake, Hummingbird Cake (moist and flavorful with chopped pecans, crushed pineapple, and mashed banana), as well as other bakery items such as pies and quiches.

You can opt to have either Red Velvet Cake or Red Velvet Cupcake. Me being a cupcake junkies, I opt for the later one :D

This is not the first time I am trying Red Velvet Cupcake. I've tried the one from Cupcake Chick and am loving it!

This is the one from Whisk. The cupcake is quite dense and moist. Priced RM4.90 each. What i like about the cake is the fact it is not too sweet. What I don't like about it is the color. Merahnye! But from my reading, that is how Red Velvet cake suppose to look like. Very dramatic looking with its red color that is offset by a creamy white frosting. And in case you are wondering, the Red color come from coloring (according to its recipes that I found on the net).

The cream cheese topping is very yummy! very rich and creamy. Tapi yang spoilnye, you can trace the small bits of sugar in the icing. Am not liking it.

Owh, and the owner is very2 friendly too.

In totality, I still prefer the one from Cupcake Chick. hehe

This is the version from Cupcake Chick (the one on your right). p/s: the one on your left is my all-time favorite, FATAL ATTRACTION (choc cupcake with choc topping, sinfully tasty!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...