Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Friday, November 27, 2009

Negeri Di Bawah Bayu

I just arrived KL from a one week business trip to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. I had to organize a Ground Breaking Ceremony for the company's new Power Plant and the ceremony was attended by my Chairman and Sabah's Chief Minister.

It was not my first trip to KK. In fact it was my third. But i just discovered 3 new facts about the State (How ignorance can i be?):

1) Before, there is actually a different time zone between East & West Malaysia. But Dr M (our then PM) requested for Sabah & Sarawak to reset their time to follow us in Semenanjung. They are actually 1 hour ahead of us, just like Indonesia. Well, that explains why it already dark in Sabah although it was only 6.30pm!

2) You can find snow at the peak of Mount Kinabalu.. hehehehehe (My new dream is to conquer the mountain one day)

3) The Borneo Island is the third largest Island of the world. Australia being the first, and I'm not sure what is the second. Anyone?


Note: Can you find Papar? The event that I organized was in that District
SOURCE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...