Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Love means never having to say you are sorry

What can you say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died? That she was beautiful. And brilliant. That she loved Mozart and Bach. And the Beatles. And me. ~ Love Stroy, 1970

I was watching Oprah and she is discussing the movie that was adapted by the novel written by Erich Segal, called Love Story.

I was excited and shocked and cant help but to recall the book that I've read more then 10 years ago back in the university.

See, university life and library is very synonym. but not to me. I hated library. I only go there to find books for reference (just because my lecturer ask us too), or just to check out handsome guys (the seniors I mean.. hehe).

A few weeks before final exam, out of guilt and because all of my friend is going, I decided to go to library for a group study. But I loose focus and started to look for books. As you may know by now, I love to read and I am a sucker for love stories or movies. So this one particular book caught my eye. The title is simple, Love Story. Bang! I just take the book and decided to borrow it. The book is not that thick, so I manage to finished it in 2 days. And instantly I felt in love with the book.

The way it was written, it seems so real, as if you are watching the plot in real life. And the love between the main character is so pure and so simple and true. I got so emotionally involved and of course, I cried (really2 cry that I wet my pillow!) towards the end of the story. Yes, it is not a happy ending. It can be a happy ending, depends on how you interpret the ending.

One of the quote in the book that I love is "Love means never having to say you are sorry, ever". Well, it is true right? if you love someone, you are willing to forgive and move on (provided you dont repeat the same mistake la... tu nak kena pelempang namanye).

It is a very old book. In fact, the one that I found in the library dah nak terkoyak pun (I bet the book is sooked with tears of previous people who read it). I borrowed the book a few times. I even asked a best friend of mine to read it too. She love it and she came up with the idea for us to photocopy to book so that we get to read it over and over again in the future (I know, that is not allowed, I was naif back then, and dont have enough money to buy the book from book store :p). I've read the book more then 10 times.

The book is worth reading, trust me. I watched the movie, but not as good as they missed out some of the important details and plot. Yes, yes, I know, you cant cramp the whole book into a 2 hours movie. So go on and read the book. Tak payah tgk the movie pun. The book is good enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...